Friday, October 30, 2009

Eleanor D. Pancoast

I was hoping, when I searched for Eleanor D. Pancoast, to find out the origin of the painting in her possession. I hoped that I could find she came from somewhere on the east coast, where I might look for Wybrant. It turns out she was into antiques. From her obituary:

Following her marriage in 1978 to her
beloved husband, the late Bob
Pancoast, her talents shifted from the
selling of homes to the selling of
antiques and "worthy accessories".
Antique shows and later a seasonal
antique shop in the resort community
of Charlevoix, MI became the vehicles
in which to showcase her good taste
and talents. --http://archive.cantonpl.org/co/2008-06-01.pdf (page 18 or C4)
No wonder her family parted with the picture; it was part of her hobby or profession and not a family heirloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment